About the Early Education Department
- Serving children ages 0 - 5 years old.
- Must be 3 or 4 by September 1st of the current school year.
- Children who turn 4 on or before Sept. 1st have the first priority.
- Acceptance is based on Income & Family Size.
- State Preschool is a State subsidized program.
- Bess Maxwell - A.M. Slots - 24 slots, P.M. Slots - 24 slots
- Joe Hamilton - A.M. Slots - 24 slots, P.M. Slots - 24 slots
- Mary Peacock - A.M. Slots - 24 slots, P.M. Slots - 24 slots
- Pine Grove - A.M. Slots - 24 slots, P.M. Slots - 24 slots
- District Preschool
- Smith River - Full Day Preschool - 18 slots
- Please direct all enrollment questions to 464-0720 (Kathryn) or 464-0709 (Missie).
- Preschool Hours:
- Mornings: 8:00 am - 11:00 am (early out day: 8:00 am - 10:00 am)
- Afternoons: 12:00 pm- 3:00 pm (early out day 12:00 pm- 2:00 pm)
Immunizations needed to start Preschool:
- Polio x 3
- DPaT x 4
- MMR x 1
- Varicella x 1
- Hib x 1
- Heb B x 3
SUNSET EARLY HEAD START:
- Serves children 0-3 years old
- Open to all community families, although teen students will have priority.
- Early Head Start Hours: Monday through Friday 7:45am-2:15pm
- For enrollment questions, please call: 464-0380 or 464-0228.