Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Registration
If you have a child who will be entering transitional kindergarten or kindergarten in August, we would like to encourage you to enroll them as soon as possible. We are creating new TK spaces, arranging kindergarten rooms, and working to staff kindergarten classes next year, and we want to make sure that we are planning the best programs possible. To register your child, you can contact any of our schools or the district office for more information.
For contact information on all of our schools, please visit dnusd.org/schools
The Angst: Building Resilience program is a film-based mental health support program endorsed by educators, psychiatrists and mental health advocates. The film includes interviews with kids, teens, educators, experts and parents. The film and corresponding materials provide tools, resources, and above all, hope. This is intended for 6th through 12th grade students.
To visit the Angst: Building Resilience site and to view the video, click the link below.
DNUSD Board of Trustees Takes Action To Re-Align Masking Enforcement 2-24-2022
Over the past two years, the Board has continually sought ways to ensure that students could participate in their education in-person to the fullest extent possible. On February 24, 2022, the Board of Trustees voted 3-2 in favor of directing staff to shift the enforcement of mask mandates from exclusion to education to further ensure that students remain in class and receive instruction from their teachers. The Board continues to build on the message that they sent to state leaders in November- that goals are better served by education than compulsion.
This shift in the enforcement process is consistent with the flexibility found in K-12 guidance, which allows districts to create enforcement processes that reflect local needs and that respond to changing circumstances, such as the recent changes by the state to allow group tracing without isolation, to shorten quarantine times, and to lift outdoor mask mandates for students and staff.
The updated enforcement process will begin on Monday, February 28, and will be implemented as follows:
- Signage will be posted on all entries at each campus to remind students, staff, families, and the community of the ongoing requirement to wear face coverings indoors. This guidance will be revised as the State updates mask guidance.
- If a student arrives at school without a face covering, a mask will be offered to the student.
- If a student refuses to wear a mask indoors at a school, the school principal will notify parents/guardians, in writing, and remind them of the mandate.
- No student shall be excluded from class due to refusal to wear a mask.
- No student shall be disciplined for refusal to wear a mask.
The Board will continue to work with staff, families, and community partners as our schools, our community, and our state continue our journey back to normalcy.
To review State and Local COVID-19 guidance documentation, please visit dnusd.org/familyresources