Early Childhood Education
The Preschool Office is located at 544 W. Harding Ave. (across from Bess Maxwell).
Enrollment: You can pick up an enrollment packet at any school site, the District Office or the Preschool Office. You can also download a fillable Preachool Application Form from the tab on the right.
NOTE: Submitting an application does not guarantee enrollment. An appointment must be made to complete the registration process. Please call the number above to schedule an appointment.
PRESCHOOL: California State Preschool & District Preschool
- Must be 3 or 4 by December 1st of the current school year.
- Children who turn 4 on or before Sept. 1st have the first priority.
- Children who turn 3 after December 1st are eligible on their birthday.
- Acceptance is based on Income & Family Size.
- State Preschool is a State subsidized program with classrooms at:
- Bess Maxwell - morning & afternoon classes
- Joe Hamilton - morning & afternoon classes
- Mary Peacock - morning & afternoon classes
- Pine Grove - morning & afternoon classes
- District Preschool
- Smith River - Full Day Preschool
- Class hours:
- Morning Class hours: 8am – 11am (early out days: 8am – 10am)
- Afternoon Class hours: 12noon – 3pm (early out days 12noon – 2pm)
- Full Day Class hours: 8am – 2:15pm (early out days 8am – 12:30pm)
Immunizations needed to start Preschool:
- Polio x 3
- DTaP x 4
- MMR x 1
- Varicella x 1
- Hib x 1
- Hep B x 3
SUNSET EARLY HEAD START
- Serves children 0-3 years old
- Open to all community families, although teen students will have priority.
- Early Head Start Hours: Monday through Friday 7:45am-2:15pm
- For enrollment questions, please call: 464-0380 or 464-0228.